It's easy. It's convenient. It's the right thing to do.
OSU is dedicated to encouraging conservation and protecting the environment for future generations. Our energy conservation program has been a huge success and our next step focuses on paper recycling.
A Green Team has been established to introduce new recycling projects, answer questions and keep you updated on OSU’s recycling efforts in Tulsa.
Students and Visitors:
Do your part by throwing away all acceptable paper items in the specially marked paper recycling containers located in each classroom and throughout campus buildings.
Faculty and Staff:
It only takes a few simple steps to make a difference:
- Place your personal recycling container in a convenient location – perhaps under your desk or next to your printer.
- Fill your container with acceptable paper items (see the list above).
- At your convenience, empty your personal container into the large collection bin in your department.
- The centralized containers will be regularly emptied by Housekeeping staff and delivered to recycling centers.
- Remember that it’s important to minimize contamination in recycling containers. When regular trash is placed in recycling containers, the paper is no longer able to be recycled.
- Consider activities that actually prevent waste from being generated. For instance, only print when necessary, print on both sides of paper, edit on your computer screen instead of printing out drafts, and use scrap paper for meeting notes.
Phonebooks and toner can be recycled by delivering the items to OSU-Tulsa’s Central Services in the basement of North Hall.
If you find a room with no available recycling container or if you or someone in your department need a recycling container, please contact the Help Desk.