TCC Consortium Agreement
The TCC Consortium Agreement is for OSU-Tulsa students taking courses through TCC.
- Can I receive financial aid for course(s) I take at Tulsa Community College (TCC)?
- Yes. You must be admitted to OSU as a degree-seeking student and working towards a specific major during the semester in which you are receiving aid through OSU. The TCC courses must be required for your OSU degree program, and your OSU Academic Advisor must approve the courses. You must take at least 1 credit hour at OSU to receive financial aid through OSU. If you elect to take courses that do not apply towards your OSU degree, be aware they will not be covered by OSU financial aid.
- How do I start the process to receive financial aid for the course(s) I take through TCC?
- First, you must complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) and include the OSU school code (003170). Second, schedule your semester appointment with your OSU Academic Advisor (918-594-8271). Your advisor will determine course eligibility at that time and also furnish you with the TCC Drop Prevention Form if needed (see below for more information). Third, you should speak with the OSU Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid to verify your award package to understand how the TCC courses may impact your aid for the semester (918-594-8273).
- Is there a deadline to complete the consortium agreement?
- Yes. You must complete the agreement paperwork prior to the end of the OSU 100% Drop/Add period for each semester you will be enrolled in TCC courses (please see the academic calendar on the OSU Registrar’s web page for the official date). Advisor approval is required every semester you are enrolled in TCC courses and receiving OSU financial aid. If you change your classes at TCC after you speak with your OSU Academic Advisor (and before the 100% Drop/Add period), you will need to have your OSU advisor approve the new classes in order to receive aid.
- How does my bill at TCC get paid? When is it due?
- You will make direct payment to TCC. You are fully responsible for all expenses incurred at TCC and must follow TCC payment policies and deadlines. Please be aware TCC will drop students from classes every night who have enrolled but not paid in full, have not turned a Drop Prevention form or set up a payment arrangement with the TCC Bursar’s Office.
- What happens if I drop or withdraw from one or all of my TCC courses?
- Your eligibility for financial aid is based, in part, on the total number of hours in which you enroll. Any changes to your enrollment at either school may change your financial aid eligibility. Please contact the OSU Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid before dropping or withdrawing from any course. Repayment of funds received may be required.
- Can I ever be required to pay back financial aid I've already received?
- YES! If you drop a TCC class, you could be required to pay back financial aid you already received during the same semester. You should contact the OSU Office of Scholarships & Financial Aid before dropping or withdrawing from any course because each student's situation is unique. For example, students who drop a TCC short course before it begins (even though it may not start until the middle of the semester) may have to pay back some or all of their financial aid that has already been paid to them.
Questions? Please call the OSU-Tulsa Financial Aid Office at 918-594-8273.